Digital Media Intern
Job Type: Unpaid Part-Time Internship
Duration: Minimum three months commitment required
Position Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Million Little provides therapeutic and creative arts programs and services that are rooted in the strengths-based model for youth in underserved and at-risk environments as a powerful tool for personal and social transformation, healing, and resilience.
The Digital Media Intern is responsible for video editing and developing/implementing digital media campaigns to increase community engagement.
The duties and responsibilities of the Digital Media Intern include:
- Help create and edit short videos
- Assist with photo/video content shoots
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Brainstorm and research ideas for original content
- Ensure brand message is consistent
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and news on social media and the Million Little Website
- Support the Million Little team at events
- Create compelling graphics to share across social channels
- Write social media captions that speak to Million Little’s audience
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Premiere) required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent internet research skills
- Mastery of the major social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Mentorship and Training Provided:
In addition to being offered college credit (optional), interns will receive intensive training and mentorship to help them in their professional career exploration. It is very important to us that all of our interns develop an understanding of how their creative passions and skills can create social impact. As an organization, we center Trauma Informed Care and take a strengths-based therapeutic arts approach in all of our programs. All interns will receive training on these values and will be encouraged to practice them throughout the duration of their internship.
Interns will receive one-on-one mentorship from our Senior Program Manager who has over five years of experience in the nonprofit sector and community engagement. Together, interns and our Senior Program Manager will develop projects that align with the skills and interests of each intern. Additionally, interns will work closely with our Founder/ Executive Director. It is our goal to ensure that each intern strengthens their existing skills while developing new ones and identifies their passions.
If Offered the Position:
- Must have the ability to commute to the Million Little office in Santa Clarita at least once per week for a minimum of four hours
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Valid ID
Start Date and Schedule:
The start date for this position is flexible, and we are willing to work around your academic schedule. We require a minimum commitment of three months and a minimum of four hours in the office every week.
This position is open now. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified. Interviews will be held as applications are received. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this internship opportunity, please email your cover letter, resume, and art samples to our Senior Program Manager, Latavia Pineda, at email@example.com.