YOUTH PROGRAM MANAGER
We use CREATIVITY to break the cycle of trauma. Million Little provides therapeutic and creative arts programs and services that are rooted in the strengths-based model for youth in underserved and at-risk environments as a powerful tool for personal and social transformation, healing, and resilience.
The Program Manager is responsible for assisting, developing and delivering Million Little programs in the schools, probation camps, and community based social services agencies. This position works closely with the Executive Director. Million Little is a small nonprofit organization; as a result, it is a unique opportunity for all staff members to become part of the core team that actualizes the organization’s mission and goals together.
We seek individual(s) with compassion, curiosity and a genuine desire to learn and grow with us to heal and empower youth and communities that we serve. We expect each staff member to become a creative problem solver and encourage our staff to take initiative and experiment with new ideas to tackle creative challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work closely with the team members to develop and facilitate programs at partner sites which include juvenile detention camps, public schools, and community based social services agencies
* Create digital arts contents/projects and mentor our youth
* Document program activities and organize program data on a weekly basis
* Write stories of our youth in the programs and create social media contents to engage and advocate the voices of our youth through the lens of creativity and digital storytelling
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Experiences:
* The ideal candidate embraces the power of creativity in both personal and professional life
* Experienced in digital production, filming, video editing, graphic design, other forms of arts
* Have experiences and/or education in the area of human development, child development, social services or a related field
* Cultural competency to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong knowledge and understanding of digital storytelling and the landscape of social media is a plus
* Experienced in using Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and other editing tools to work on digital arts projects
* Believes in the strengths-based model for youth development and truly passionate about utilizing creativity for empowerment and the population Million Little serves
* Strong commitment for social change through the arts
* Additional assets include persistence, self-motivation, organizational skills, versatility, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize, detail-oriented and keen observation skills
Physical Requirement & Work Environment:
* Ability to drive to program sites across Los Angeles County and Million Little office in Valencia. Our program sites include but not limited to Santa Clarita, San Fernando Valley, Central, East and South LA
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance
* Must be able to lift 35 pounds, move materials (clay, paints, equipment, etc) on carts around program sites
* Must be flexible working in a fast-paced, non-profit environment and open to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
If offered Position:
* Must obtain and clear a background check (Live Scan)
* Must provide a proof of COVID-19 vaccination
* May require to provide First Aid/CPR certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association
* May require a certification of negative TB status
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for paid sick leave, vacation and holidays in addition to Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Account (QSEHRA). We also offer professional development opportunities that are tailored to your individual career growth.
Start Date: This position is open now.
Resumes and portfolios will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidates is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume along with a link to your art portfolio (if available, strongly recommended) with the subject line “Program Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org